Cooler brakes stop more reliably, and Shimano's XT/XTR J04C Metallic Disc Brake Pads use metallic construction to provide confident all-around stopping power in the wet, gritty, and dirty conditions associated with shoulder season mountain biking.
On their own, metallics are reliably effective in wet or dry conditions, lasting much longer than their resin counterparts. The pads are made with aluminum cooling fins that radiate heat outward, improving the pads' ability to stay cool under hard braking.
If you're running Shimano XT or XTR hydraulic disc brakes on your bike and want a go-to wintertime pad for wet, muddy, and gritty conditions. This is the one.
- Brake pads for consistent stopping power, even in the heat
- Metallic compound for reliable stopping in wet or dry
- The radiation fin pad moves heat outwards to keep pads cool
- Optimized for Shimano XT/XTR series disc brakes
- Aluminum, stainless steel compound
- Sold as a set for one brake. Buy two sets to complete both front and rear brakes
- Intended use: mountain biking